- Newly created role for a burgeoning payments business
- Rare opportunity for lawyers currently in private practice to transition into an inhouse role
- Established technology player with rapidly expanding footprint in the region
The company is a leading internet and online services provider, with an established presence in the region.
An opportunity is now available for an experienced lawyer to be part of their regional team in a newly created role with management responsibilities.
Reporting to the General Counsel, you will be involved in corporate/contractual matters relating to their burgeoning payments business. You will also be involved in Group policies, and work closely together with the senior business stakeholders and the APAC Legal team.
- Lead and build a legal framework for the payments business, including product advisory, contract drafting, review and negotiation.
- Lead the compliance function to develop and maintain compliance initiatives and programs and work closely with Governance, Risk and Compliance unit.
- Lead the regulatory engagement with local financial services authorities and other regulators to push corporate governance and public policy agenda.
- Lead and support applications for, and continuing maintenance of relevant licenses and other related business licenses.
- Degree/Masters/JD from a reputable law school and solid experience from a top local law firm or international law firm.
- At least 7+ years of private practice experience (handling banking & finance projects or advisory and/or M&A for banking and finance sectors), technology or financial services sector.
- Prior inhouse experience with a financial institution or technology multinational preferred.
- Possess a good understanding of laws and regulations in the payments of financial service sectors, a strong contract drafting and negotiation skill as well as a good business acumen.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and a team player who can work under pressure and inspire confidence in others.
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.