Our client, a top tier firm, is in a significant and exciting growth phase. They are looking to expand their Band 1 Banking & Finance team with a high calibre Senior Associate. This is an opportunity to work within one of the largest and most diverse groups of banking specialists in the region.
The Banking & Finance team advises lenders and borrowers throughout the region and globally. They work across the full spectrum of financing transactions including project finance, acquisition and leveraged finance, securitisation and debt capital markets, asset finance and corporate and property finance.
This Firm is one of the few firms to feature on every major legal panel in the Australian finance market. They advise some of the world's leading financial institutions, as well as regularly acting for a large number of financial sponsors and corporate borrowers across a range of industries on their financing transactions.
The lawyers in the team are well-supported by Knowledge Management Lawyers, Paralegals, Business Development professionals and Practice Assistants. You will also work closely with many parts of the Firm (including Corporate, Projects, Real Estate and Funds Management).
Range of Work
The range of services provided by the Banking & Finance team is varied and your role within the team could typically include advising clients on financing arrangements relating to:
- The structure and documentation for greenfield or brownfield projects
- Acquisition and leverage
- General corporate financing
The Sydney team's core client base is comprised of Australian major banks and international banks, the State Government, as well as private and listed corporates.
The Sydney team is integral to the Firm's national Banking & Finance team Group, offering you the opportunity to work for a national client base. This enables you to gain exposure to a deeper variety of financing transactions to accelerate and further develop your technical skills and experience on financing transactions.
What you'll bring
- Experience working in a Banking and Finance team, ideally at a well-regarded top tier firm, international firm or boutique firm.
- Experience in an in-house legal team is also highly regarded.
- A strong academic background.
- An ability to effectively manage matters.
- A willingness to participate in business development activities, such as pitch documents, firm-wide pursuits, article writing, attending industry events and hosting seminars.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a Banking & Finance Lawyer and leader.
- A strong team ethic.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a blue chip finance practice with market-leading remuneration and benefits on offer.
If you are interested in applying for this position or would like to find out more, please contact me for a confidential discussion.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.