SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL, M&A AND COMMERCIAL, ABU DHABI
CLIENT: This client continues to expand their international standard, progressive legal team, and now have the need to recruit an additional Senior Legal Counsel. The client has global operations and assets, with a wide remit across investments and financial services.
ROLE: You will have the opportunity to join as Senior Legal Counsel as part of a small, dedicated, divisional team covering corporate and commercial matters, as part of a wider legal department. With a high degree of autonomy, you'll support internal clients across M&A, JV's, special projects, commercial contracts and general advisory, often with a focus towards technology and FinTech.
CANDIDATE: There are some specific criteria for the role, please take a moment to read them and consider your suitability:
- You'll need to be a qualified lawyer, with an education from a strong and well recognised international standard university.
- Ideal candidates will be common law qualified (UK / US / Australia being preferred) with at least 5+ PQE.
- It's important that you've had training from an international law firm, or a very well recognised corporate.
- Your skill set will need to be a core of M&A, but with experience at advising on more general commercial contracts is also ideal.
- Any exposure to technology, JV's and external vendors and providers will be sought after.
- Arabic language skills are not required but always viewed as being helpful.
- Importantly, you'll need to be a smart and commercially savvy lawyer who is comfortable seeing the bigger picture and advising internal business groups and clients accordingly.
- You will need to act as an internal facilitator who can not just identify problems and pitfalls, you need to help solve them too.
- Previous or current Middle East experience is helpful, but overseas applicants are also welcomed, and relocation packages are provided.
This is brand new opportunity with plenty of growth in a small team. Do get in touch to discuss.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.