For our client, Fugro, we are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join the legal department at their global headquarters in Leidschendam reporting to the General Counsel. Fugro is the world's leading Geo-data specialist, collecting and analysing comprehensive information about the Earth and the structures built upon it. Adopting an integrated approach that incorporates acquisition and analysis of Geo-data and related advice, Fugro provides solutions. With expertise in site characterisation and asset integrity, clients are supported in the safe, sustainable and efficient design, construction and operation of their assets throughout the full life cycle.
Employing approximately 9000 talented people in 61 countries, Fugro serves clients around the globe, predominantly in the energy and infrastructure industries, both offshore and onshore. In 2020, revenue amounted to EUR 1.4 billion. Fugro is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
About the role:
The range of legal issues which the Senior Legal Counsel will cover include drafting, reviewing and negotiating all types of international contracts, such as tender documents, joint venture and partnership agreements, M&A, and more general business contracting support. You will provide general advice, counselling and training on all types of legal matters involved in daily commercial operations as well as litigation matters. Furthermore you will engage and partner with the various functional departments/teams (e.g., Finance, Internal Audit, IT, Accounting, Tax and HR) in the business regions to support business and management matters and initiatives, including handling all local (pre) litigation matters. On top of that you will coordinate and work closely with other members of the global legal team to ensure consistent application of company policies, standards and processes including its compliance program. You will have one junior legal counsel reporting to you and assist them in their training and development.
- Strong educational background with a Master in Law;
- 5 to 10 years' legal experience gained in private practice;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in-house legal experience within the same or related industry (i.e. energy services) or in more broadly industrial companies would be appreciated but is not a pre-requisite;
- A generalist legal experience (commercial, transaction, finance, M&A etc.);
- A demonstrable experience of building strong working relationships with key stakeholders in the business through providing counsel that is commercial, pragmatic and fully compliant with all relevant statutory regulations;
- A trusted business partner of unquestionable integrity, who takes ownership and accountabiliyty and who is immediately credible and accepted at all levels of the organisation. Able to effectively influence and secure 'buy-in' from colleagues;
- Fluent in (written & oral) English.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.