SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL, CORPORATE FINANCE, ABU DHABI
CLIENT: This busy financial institution is seeing great success, which has led to significant growth plans across numerous divisions of their legal department. They now need an additional corporate finance lawyer.
ROLE: The role will cover two main elements, day to day work and management, and more specific transactional finance. General examples will be commercial contracts, disputes and risk management, combined with very broad general finance across syndicated loans, project finance, leverage, acquisition, real estate, asset finance, Islamic finance and capital markets.
CANDIDATE: There are some key criteria to take into consideration:
- Strong preference for someone western / common law qualified.
- Likely PQE starting point of around 7+.
- Imperative that you have excellent, international standard law firm training .
- In-house banking / financial services experience is a definitely plus.
- Exposure to Middle East work is an advantage but not a strict requirement.
- Broad transactional finance work with ideally as much coverage as possible across the examples outlined above.
Perfect position for an internationally or locally based mid-level law firm associate who is looking to branch out of law firm life, or for a Legal Counsel in a bank,, to get the leverage step step up to Senior Legal Counsel in a small team. Do get in touch to discuss.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.