An opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel to join a major energy business in Melbourne and provide leadership, oversight and direction to the Services and Projects team.
A great career opportunity for an experienced Senior Legal Counsel to work in a major energy business in a services and project environment with construction and commercial experience. Strong career progression opportunities to join the legal team in Melbourne. This leading company is looking for a construction/projects/infrastructure lawyer to support the wider business and lead a team.
You will gained construction/projects/infrastructure experience as a lawyer with strong negotiation and advisory experience, giving advice and support to relevant senior stakeholders. You will have gained at least 10 years' experience in a major construction/projects/infrastructure team in a top-tier or mid-tier law firm and you will have gained at least three years in-house legal experience where you will have been a key point of contact for legal advice on commercial and contractual matters. You will possess the ability to identify business risk in a variety of commercial situations. Your communication skills will be exceptional.
- Legal transactional management and lead role in business decision-making relevant to priority projects.
- People leadership responsibilities for your team, including planning, performance and development.
- Provision of strategic legal advisory services, providing high quality, appropriate legal advice to the business and key stakeholders.
- Maximisation of the legal services value add.
- Contributes broad industry knowledge and industry trends to proactively add value to strategic discussions and direction in relation to goals and business plan.
- Significant front end experience in the Australian market with a minimum of 10 years post-admission experience.
- Advanced experience required in contracts and procurement, construction law, drafting and negotiation of contracts and other instruments, legal research including interpretation of legislation and contracts.
- Dispute resolution and litigation.
- A calm, approachable, pragmatic and professional manner.
- Quality experience (in private practice and in house).
- An ability to understand the bigger picture and to prioritise and provide pragmatic and timely legal advice within a commercial setting.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV (in word format) to email@example.com or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.