My client, a top tier financial institution is looking for a Quantitative Risk Analyst to join their team based in London.
Reporting to Head of Quantitative Risk, the role encompasses the evaluation and development of risk management models and tactical applications, quantitative analysis and financial modelling, independent evaluation of new models, and other quantitative tasks as required on an ad-hoc or project basis. This 2nd line risk management role will involve
- Development and BAU of own models: Developing, maintaining and running team-developed models (e.g. reverse stress testing, benchmark projects) on a regular basis;
- Challenge: forming independent opinion of new methodology proposals, and work on Group-level framework and policies;
- R&D: Working on special data-intensive / financial-related topics with the Head of Quantitative.
- Evaluation, testing, design and development of risk management models and tools.
- Development and maintenance of in-house risk analytics library, such as backtesting methodology, stress testing methodology, procyclicality.
- Timely and accurate analysis of quantitative risk issues.
- Contribute to improvements in existing risk management techniques and processes through the application of advanced quantitative methods.
- Research and development to form independent opinion to certain model proposals.
- Review and assessment of existing and proposed margining and stress testing methodologies.
- Review certain finance papers and come up with alternative models.
- Provision of quantitative expertise in relation to internal/external projects or on an ad-hoc basis.
- Ensure that quantitative risk management techniques are kept in line with best practise. Refine and run self-developed quantitative models on a regular basis.
- 2-5 years' experience in developing quantitative models
- Advanced programming competency, in particular Python (and maybe C++)
- Strong financial markets and products experience
- Highly numerate with a degree in quantitative finance, mathematics or science-related disciplines, preferably at least Masters level.
- Some knowledge of other asset classes (e.g. forex, equities, commodities, energy) would be favourable.
- Experience of product development lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of financial risk management techniques (e.g. interest rate and CDS products) and strong interest to learn
- Good Excel and database competency, in particular VBA & SQL
- Strong numerical competency and statistics (e.g. R software, data analysis)
- Effective critical analysis and reasoning skills.
- Effective and confident communicator (written and oral).
- Ability to work autonomously on individual projects.
- Ability to add to the risk management expertise within the company.
- Demonstrates strong analysis and reasoning competency,
- from a technical and a practical perspective
- Individually focussed on delivery to a high standard of accuracy, ease of maintenance and deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to adjust communication to the level of knowledge of the recipient in order to influence
- Demonstrates transfer of knowledge and expertise to others
For more details, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.