The Serious Injury Team focus represents Claimants with injuries of the utmost severity including brain damage, spinal injury, amputation, fatal cases and other serious injuries. Most of the claims have a value of several million pounds and this is an exceptionally high performing, hard-working and passionate team.
The team focuses on quality and each case is dealt with expertly and with great care to ensure the best possible award is achieved for the Claimant. The focus for each assistant solicitor who joins the team is to build his or her own reputation and knowledge. From the start, you will be assisting 2 partners on high value cases and will be expected to take on significant responsibility. Thereafter you will start to build your own caseload.
We are looking for an energetic, diligent and bright Associate. The work is often fast paced and requires genuine commitment.
- Proactively manage own files and support the partners
- Preparing thorough documentation required in the preparation of cases to trial, including drafting schedules
- Liaising with counsel/experts
- Liaising with clients and handling matters with the appropriate sensitivity
Key Skills & Experience
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 4 years good experience in relevant UK claimant work and rehabilitation
- Should be able to demonstrate experience in and have a keen interest in marketing, thinking about their own career pathway
- An ability to build relationships with the client, family, witnesses, counsel and experts
- Enthusiastic team player with commitment to quality and client care
- Good case management skills
- Strong academics is essential
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a real commitment and empathetic approach to Claimants
European law firm with market-leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on energy and natural resources, technology, financial services and life sciences.
Our clients range from household social media, technology and media companies, as well as global financial institutions, pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, major FMCG brands and public bodies.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and knowledge, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1,550 people working across the world providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We have 25 offices in 11 countries and our team is based in Amsterdam, Barcelona, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Dublin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Guangzhou, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, Munich, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
Most recently, the firm has been recognised for its work across a number of practice areas. We have been shortlisted for M&A Team of the Year at the British Legal Awards 2021; Litigation Team of the Year at the Lawyer Awards 2021 and for Innovation in rescue, restructuring and recovery award at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards 2021
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.