This international organisation is looking for a Data Privacy Legal Counsel with 2 - 5 years PQE to join their team in Slough.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing legal advice and support to management and staff on a wide range of data protection legal issues.
- Assisting with data protection matters in a contractual/transactional context for customer, supplier and technology providers.
- Working with key internal stakeholders (including HR) to ensure compliance with data privacy laws, and where necessary, advising on and monitoring data protection privacy impact assessments.
- Reviewing vendor contracts (including EU Standard contractual clauses) and consents needed to implement projects in partnership with the the technology legal team, procurement and cyber security functions.
- Providing legal support on data protection queries, data subject requests and complaints (including ICO matters) from commercial, product, technology, HR or marketing teams.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience in data protection/privacy matters.
- In-house experience (on secondment or otherwise) preferable.
- Previous hands-on experience advising on data protection projects is a key requirement, including experience of advising on GDPR, on international data transfers, drafting privacy notices, negotiating and drafting data processor agreements, advising on website/marketing issues and report drafting to update internal stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of EU data privacy and data protection regulation, and a good understanding of other major privacy frameworks and evolving legislation worldwide and an understanding of cyber security measures.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.