A leading Banking organisation is looking to appoint a Legal Counsel in London. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a collegiate legal team, whilst making a valuable contribution to the successful functioning of the organisation.
Duties will include:
To provide in-house legal advice, support and manage the legal risk, which includes:
- Providing legal advice and support in the optimal structuring, negotiation and preparation of large and/or complex contract documents for all transactions.
- Legal and regulatory compliance:
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring compliance of the relevant transacting business to all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements at all times
- Legal documentation:
- Identifying and drafting, or vetting externally drafted, (particularly English law governed) agreements required to document and implement transactions, so that all legal issues are addressed;
- Co-ordinating and driving the efforts of teams during the documentation stage (especially for large transactions or where the Bank has a documentation role);
- Ensuring documentation terms fall within the terms approved by the relevant internal committees;
- Liaising with external counsel and, when applicable, other members of the banking group.
- English corporate/company law services and transactional legal advice
You will be qualified as a Solicitor of England and Wales with at least 2 years PQE. Recent banking and financing experience is essential, as is experience in Loan Market Association ("LMA") documentation. An excellent understanding of English law, and the ability to draft and vet complex documentation under English law is required. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multidisciplinary team with a commercial outlook.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.