An opportunity for a corporate / commercial contracts lawyer to take a Legal Counsel role in a major energy business in Sydney and provide advice and direction to the corporate affairs division.
A great career opportunity for an experienced Legal Counsel to work in a major energy business in a corporate environment with corporate advisory and commercial experience. Strong career progression opportunities to join the legal team in Sydney or Melbourne. This leading company is looking for a commercial lawyer to support the wider business and senior stakeholders.
You will have gained commercial contracts and/or corporate advisory experience as a lawyer with a solid foundation and training in private practice, and potentially some in-house experience. You will have gained 4-8 years' experience in general corporate and commercial matters. You will possess the ability to identify business risk in a variety of commercial situations. Your communication skills will be exceptional.
- Corporate and commercial transactional work including joint ventures.
- Negotiating, drafting and providing advice in relation to corporate and commercial arrangements.
- Experience of dealing with a range of privacy matters.
- Provision of strategic legal advisory services, providing high quality, appropriate legal advice to the business and key stakeholders.
- Legal project management.
- Maximisation of the legal services value add.
- Significant corporate/commercial experience in the Australian market with 4-8 years post-admission experience.
- Dispute resolution and litigation.
- A calm, approachable, pragmatic and professional manner.
- Quality experience (in private practice and/or in house).
- An ability to understand the bigger picture and to prioritise and provide pragmatic and timely legal advice within a commercial setting.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of the The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.