Head of Legal - Tech company - Fund raising/Fintech experience essential.
Exciting opportunity to join cloud-based technology company who recently spun off from a larger organisation. You must have recent experience of fund raising, as well as operational technology/commercial legal experience.
Reporting to the CEO, this is an exceptional opportunity to get in at the ground up as this company embarks on ambitious growth globally. This is not going to suit every lawyer; you must have a willingness to be comfortable in the abstract and to take a bit of a punt on a company that is entrepreneurial and driven to success.
After the spinoff into an independent company in early 2019, the team has grown substantially and has been established as the leading provider in their particular space. They are looking for a Head of Legal to work closely with the business and be responsible for liaising with clients, vendors, partners and external investors with overall responsibility for the legal function (currently one mid-level direct report). You will report directly to the CEO and deal with senior stakeholders across the business on a daily basis. Our client operates a hybrid working environment of three days in the office / 2 days WFH. Please not apply if you are looking for 100% remote working.
- Lead legal negotiations with all counterparties: external investors, clients, vendors, and partners
- Draft, review and negotiate client licence agreements, contracts, market data vendor agreements, general terms and conditions of service providers and NDAs
- Assist with corporate governance, including board minutes and corporate structuring
- Liaise with all key internal stakeholders on legal matters, including HR, Tax, Data teams, Sales teams and the COO
- Effectively managing external counsel where required in respect of costs and quality legal advice
- Provide forward thinking/proactive advice on commercial strategic matters in an operational sense
- Maintain up to date knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Proven FinTech inhouse work experience as a Head of Legal / General Counsel including raising money from investors via funding rounds (this is essential!)
- Extensive experience of negotiating commercial contracts and dealing with vendor / partnership agreements
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate laws and procedures
For a detailed position description please apply.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.