Within this role you will be joining a small, but highly experienced and dynamic team and you will be involved in all aspects of negotiations across the business. You will be responsible for all negotiating on a variety of deals and contracts, whilst also managing the external counsel.
This role will also have a large non-legal commercial element, so it is essential that you have a good commercial mind-set and are willing to take initiative and be a pragmatic lawyer, as well as contributing to all other commercial aspects of the business.
Qualified solicitor with 3+ PQE from a top tier law firm and/or in-house legal department with a strong corporate/energy background.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge.
- Strong experience in drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide variety of commercial contracts.
- Experience of working in-house would be desirable although not essential.
- Strong communication skills are required together with the ability to work independently, under time pressure and with competing deadlines.
- Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving and be able to provide the business with timely commercial legal advice.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising the business on the following documents: confidentiality agreements, sale and purchase documents, joint venture documents, lease documents and other related property documents, construction contracts, finance documents, security documents and other related transaction documents.
- Completion mechanics and bringing transactions to financial close.
- Reviewing and negotiating insurance documentation.
- Liaising with finance, engineering and operations teams on the implementation and effective management of existing contracts.
- Instructing and managing external legal counsel.
- Liaising with company secretarial in relation to the opening of companies and amendments to the group structure.
- Preparing reports and liaising as necessary with funders.
- Assisting in due diligence exercises.
- Liaising with consultants in relation to business rates.
- Dealing with day-to-day legal issues which may arise.
- Advising the business on legal issues and risks arising on transactions and consent processes and procedures.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.