My client, a leading boutique bank, is looking to hire a mid-level (4-8 years PQE) ECM lawyer to join their lean legal team in London. This is a permanent role and I am looking to speak with UK qualified lawyers from Magic/Silver Circle or leading city or US law firms.
The successful candidate will be tasked with:
- negotiating and reviewing investment banking and transactional documentation across both public and private M&A, ECM and DCM transactions, including non-disclosure agreements, engagement letters, term-sheets, underwriting/placing agreements etc;
- advising the deal team and attending where appropriate due diligence sessions;
- providing legal advice and assistance to the firm's other stakeholders such as Finance, HR, Compliance, Risk etc.;
- providing ad-hoc general legal advice; and
- assisting the European Head of Legal on specific projects, including some proprietary workstreams.
There is a big ECM focus to this role so the successful candidate will have gained extensive experience in the ECM space. This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer from a leading law firm to make their first move in-house and my client is paying a competitive package.
My client has given me a strict hiring criteria to adhere to so if you do not receive a response to your application within one week, your application has been deemed unsuccessful.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.