Our Commercial Dispute Resolution team serves a wide range of innovative and entrepreneurial clients, from individuals through to multi-nationals. The team's experience covers all forms of commercial dispute resolution including litigation (both domestic and overseas), appellant work, arbitration, and mediation. We work across a wide range of sectors and deploy a bespoke strategy based on our clients' specific commercial objectives and budgets.
The team is the largest in the Dispute Resolution department and enjoys a collegiate feel.
In addition to media and human rights work, the CDR team's workstreams focus on arbitration, civil fraud, and contentious insolvency. We work closely with other teams across the firm to help clients who may find themselves involved in disputes.
Our media and human rights work covers a broad spectrum and is often headline-making, with clients including global media organisations, publishing houses, NGOs and charities, individuals and corporates.
We regularly deal with high-profile and complex disputes meaning that we act quickly, assertively, and effectively for clients, providing creative solutions to challenging problems. Often delivering a successful outcome involves a multi-disciplinary approach, using a wider group of experts. We have an established network of other trusted and tested service providers, including counsel, accountants, data analysts, investigators, and foreign legal teams.
Our Accolades: Directory Rankings
Chambers & Partners 2021 and Legal 500 2021:
- Art & Cultural Property Law
- Civil liberties & Human Rights;
- Media & Entertainment; and
- Defamation & Reputation Management.
- The ability to manage complex, often fast-moving, client matters, identifying and analysing all legal and commercial issues;
- Working alongside Partners and lawyers at all levels in the team to ensure the delivery of commercially-focused work, completed to high quality and consistent standards;
- Developing and maintaining client relationships as well as identifying new business opportunities;
- Contributing to the team's business development and marketing activities, including through thought leadership; and
- Overseeing the work of more junior members of the team, developing and mentoring them.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.