The succesful candidate will be charged with supporting the business on all front from Executive Board through to support functions as well as Legal and Company Secretariat.
As an experienced legal counsel, you'll understand that what you do is important, and impacts on your team, the department, and the wider business. The overall purpose of the role will be twofold: (i) to assist the Group Head of legal in managing the legal function and shaping this for the future so as to best align the legal support to the business' emerging needs; and (ii) to directly support and advise the business at all levels on more strategic and/or challenging legal matters.
You will be expected to assist and support the Group Head of Legal in:
- Ensuring the provision of efficient, effective, credible and balanced legal support and advice to the business by the wider Group Legal Team; and
- Identifying and implementing appropriate changes to the operations of the Group Legal function so as to best align the activities and operations of the team with the evolving needs of the business,
work autonomously, or otherwise alongside the Group Head of Legal, in the delivery of legal advice and support on more strategic, high profile and/or complex projects/matters as required by and working alongside the Executive, Heads of Departments and Senior Management;
- Work with and supporting the Group Head of Legal in ensuring the establishment and effectiveness of robust policies, practices and procedures throughout the business and that the same are implemented and operated throughout the organisation, so as to safeguard the business against legal risk and reputational harm;
- Support the Group Head of Legal with the delivery of effective leadership and management of the wider Group Legal team;
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer, with at least 10 years' PQE and have worked in private practice and ideally also had experience of working in-house. A background in corporate and/or commercial contracts is essential. Any exposure to real estate and/or construction matters would be an advantage.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.