My client is looking for a Data Analyst with banking experience to join their team based in London. This is a PAYE contract role paying £340 - 400 per day.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of and experience using data models and data dictionaries in a Banking and Financial Markets context.
- Knowledge of Trade Finance or Securities Services particularly useful.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following domains (including market data vendors):
- Instrument and pricing
- Market and/or Credit Risk
- Preferable knowledge and experience in Data Quality & Governance.
- Can write SQL queries, Scala knowledge preferable and navigate data bases especially Hive, CMD, Putty, Note++
- Experience of using and flattening XML
- Experience of big data programmes preferable
- Enthusiastic and energetic problem solver to join an ambitious team
- Business analysis skills, defining and understanding requirements
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge of SDLC and formal Agile processes, a bias towards TDD and a willingness to test products as part of the delivery cycle
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multi-programme environment across a range of stakeholders
- Proven track record of managing small delivery-focussed data teams
- Define and obtain source data required to successfully deliver insights and use cases
- Determine the data mapping required to join multiple data sets together across multiple sources
- Create methods to highlight and report data inconsistencies, allowing users to review and provide feedback on
- Propose suitable data migration sets to the relevant stakeholders
- Assist teams with processing the data migration sets as required
- Assist with the planning, tracking and coordination of the data migration team and with the migration run-book and the scope for each customer
You must have right to work in UK/EU.
For more details, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.