- Newly created role
- Be part of a close-knit and collegiate team
- Excellent opportunity for a lawyer to transition into an in-house role
Our client is a leading multinational in the technology sector providing comprehensive technology services.
An exceptional opportunity is available for a lawyer to be part of the regional team. Reporting to the General Counsel, you will be involved in corporate/contractual matters relating to the rapidly growing business in Philippines. This is a rare opportunity for a lawyer in private practice to transition into an in-house role.
The role will primarily be a corporate role reviewing and negotiating a variety of transactional contracts. Working closely with the country management team, you will provide legal advice and support for all matters of business and commercial dealings, including (but not limited to) investments, divestments, financings, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. You will also provide legal advice in the area of corporate governance and assist with company secretarial matters.
- The ideal candidate would be an international Philippines-qualified lawyer with a degree/Masters/JD from a reputable law school and solid experience from a top local law firm or international law firm.
- At least 7+ years of private practice experience (handling corporate, advisory, M&A and corporate secretarial matters.)
- General knowledge of intellectual property, Philippines employment and workplace relations laws
- Some understanding of data protection, FCPA/anti-bribery, antitrust and tax laws and regulations would be a plus.
- Strong communication skills and a team player who can work under pressure and inspire confidence in others.
- Able to adapt legal requirements in a pragmatic way, consistent with company objectives.
- Fluent/Highly Competent in English (spoken and written)
- Fluent/Highly Competent in Tagalog preferred
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.