- Asia Pacific coverage
- Play a significant role as part of a growing regional business
- Rare opportunity for private practice lawyers keen to transition to an inhouse role
Our client is a global conglomerate with a market leading agriculture business that has an established presence in the region. An opportunity is available for a senior lawyer to be part of the regional legal team, providing legal counsel and advice on regional legal activities for the Company and its subsidiaries.
You will be expected to work independently and be involved in advising on Legal and Compliance issues arising from the business spanning across the entire Asia region and beyond.
You should ideally be a Commonwealth-qualified lawyer with 8-10 years of experience. On offer is a dynamic and supportive environment that encourages development opportunities and a healthy work-life balance.
- Advising senior management and business partners on all legal and compliance affairs of the Company across key markets in Asia Pacific.
- Providing legal support on a wide range of commercial contracts and agreements - sales, distribution, marketing, logistics, employment, dealings with 3rd party vendors etc. Support on mergers and acquisitions, business development transactions.
- Responsible for compliance matters and training in the company, monthly and quarterly reporting to management on legal matters. Ensuring the business' adherence to relevant policies and procedures.
- Instructing external counsel (where required) and ensuring quality and cost effectiveness of such engagement. Tracking external legal expenditure and budget.
- Providing ad hoc corporate secretarial support (where needed)
- Common-law qualified lawyer with at least 8-10 years' pqe
- Prior experience as an inhouse legal counsel preferred.
- Experience in working across cultures and different legal systems, preferably in the Asia Pacific region
- Strong written and oral communication in English
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.