For Banijay we are currently recruiting a Senior Corporate Legal Counsel to be based at their headquarters in Amsterdam.
Banijay stands as the largest international content producer and distributor; home to over 120 production companies across 22 territories, and a multi-genre catalogue boasting over 88,000 hours of original standout programming. A collective of creative entrepreneurs, the group represents some of the biggest global brands including Survivor, Big Brother, Peaky Blinders, Temptation Island, MasterChef, Wallander, The Kardashians, Mr Bean, The Wall, Hunted, Black Mirror, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Deal or No Deal among others. Imagining and delivering high-quality multi-genre IP that was born locally and travels globally, the business offers the best stories told the best way.
About the role:
The Banijay Central Legal team is located in both Paris and Amsterdam. For the corporate legal team in Amsterdam, we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Corporate Legal Counsel.
They are a hands-on team supporting a wide range of corporate matters across the world, focussing on providing robust business-oriented advice and support on global legal, compliance and regulatory matters. The legal team is an essential business partner supporting central management, central teams and local teams within the Banijay footprint. The team manage the Group's legal entities & corporate data, intercompany agreements and look after the governance & compliance of the company. In addition, they identify and drive company-wide projects with the aim of improving legal and business efficiency and delivery to our wide range of stakeholders.
They are a diverse and international team of 15 enthusiastic lawyers with M&A, IP and corporate backgrounds and offer a diverse workload and ability to grow.
As part of the day-to-day business, you will be:
- Working on organization-wide legal matters (such as legal entity management, restructuring, litigation, group insurances)
- Drafting contracts and other legal documents
- Advising internal stakeholders on corporate and governance matters
- Identifying opportunities to optimize contract, policy and legal process improvements
- Identifying key risk areas and advise on mitigation solutions
- Supporting the business in any general corporate legal matter that may arise
- A master's degree in law with a focus on corporate law
- At least 6-9 years PQE experience as a private practice lawyer with a focus on corporate law or as an in-house lawyer in an international organization with the same focus
- A commercial mindset with international focus
- Ability to work in a high-pace environment and manage a mixed case load and volume of legal matters
- Team player & self-motivated to work independently, seeking direction and guidance as appropriate
- Interest in applying technology to optimise the delivery of legal services across the global organisation
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate across the organization
- Strong communication and management skills
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English. French is a plus
- Regular travel between Amsterdam HQ and Paris HQ may be required
For more information or to apply, please contact Inge Pieters on +31 6 284 686 96 or email email@example.com quoting ref: PR/204735.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.