We are seeking an Associate or Senior Associate to join Australia's leading Private Equity practice which is part of a premier Band 1 Corporate Private Equity team. The position is located in Sydney.
In this role you will have exposure to some of the best and highest profile deals in Australia as well as cross-border transactions. You will also have an opportunity to work closely with a range of leading Partners across the Sydney and Melbourne Corporate group.
Your day could typically involve:
- negotiated acquisitions and disposals; private equity transactions; joint ventures and other shareholder arrangements.
- Guiding clients through the lifecycle of their investments.
- Working with a range of clients, from leading private equity houses through to international and domestic financiers.
- Learning how to take carriage of a matter from scoping through to managing client expectations and delivery.
- This role will provide early client contact including attending client meetings, strategy and objective sessions and direct negotiations.
- Working closely with other legal teams across the firm (both in Australia and our global offices) to deliver an integrated service to our clients.
- Managing and building external client relationships, including assisting with business development activities for key existing clients and new clients.
- Working with a variety of fast paced, sophisticated clients alongside a talented team.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A current unrestricted Australian (or NZ) legal practising certificate.
- At least 4+ years of legal practice experience which includes corporate and commercial or other transactional work. We will consider candidates with more or less experience.
- Prior experience in private equity.
- Strong legal skills, including drafting, negotiation and project management skills; foundation level people management and business development skills.
- Strong academic background is preferable
- Good understanding of law firm profitability and key drivers for financial efficiency; and ability to help manage costs and budgets.
- A proactive approach to your career development.
- An eagerness to create an exceptional experience for our clients
- An alignment to our values.
This Private Equity team topped the Mergermarket League Table in 2021 for Private Equity with the firm ranking 1st by value for announced PE Buyouts and 1st by value for PE Buyouts and Exits.
The team is widely recognised by industry benchmarking publications, including the client reviewed Chambers Asia Pacific Guide, where this firm has more ranked lawyers for private equity than any other firm in the country.
Our client's private equity practice is unique among law firms in Australia. They have market leading specialists across all areas of the private equity industry, and their clients value us as their trusted advisers on multiple transactions across the lifecycle of their investments.
For more information or for a confidential discussion, please contact Alexandra Starke:
D: 02 9236 9076
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.