This large insurance provider is looking for an Assistant Company Secretary to join their team in London. This role would suit an individual at Company Secretarial Assistant level looking for a step up.
Reporting to the Company Secretary, the Assistant Company Secretary will assist in providing a full range of company secretarial services and governance support to the Group's UK and overseas entity boards and committees.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating share transfers as necessary under the Group's employee share scheme
- Providing general board support including assisting with onboarding directors and preparing governance induction packs, assisting with the coordination of regular board effectiveness reviews and collating actions
- Supporting the Group's internal and statutory audit processes, including collation and submission of documents
- Ensuring that statutory books and records are kept up to date for all Group entities, ensuring the entity management database (Diligent) is updated as required, and completing reconciliations when necessary
In order to be successful in this role, you should have:
- Completed or working towards the ICSA qualification
- Demonstrable experience in delivering professional company secretarial services to a corporate firm.
- Experience with Diligent Entities or similar systems is essential
- An excellent understanding of UK company law and the capability to expand this knowledge within other jurisdictions. Knowledge of company law in US, EU and Australia advantageous.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.